Thursday, June 16, 2011

Cadillac Bar– LOVES IT!

*****
Location: Shepherd
Menu
Price: $$$
Reviewed: Dinner
Reviewer: Yas & Jenn
Attire: Casual
The Cadillac Bar is Houston Tex-Mex at its best! From the ambiance, to the service, to the delicious food, your taste buds will leave this place craving for more! But, your pocket might be slightly dented.






guacamole: *****
Yas: I saw “made fresh daily” there was no turning back. The manager informed us that the waiter makes it right in front of your table! Seeing as we were both huge guac fans, we had to try! It was delish! You can adjust the amount of ingredients to your liking (we requested extra jalepenos, cilantro and lime) and even the consistency can be adjusted. You cannot go wrong with this as your starter!

JENN: I definitely agree. Unfortunately, the guac that came with my enchiladas...soapy mess. But the table-side, must have!!! Save some for later with the rest of your meal!



cancun enchiladas: *****
Yas: So. Good. This came as a recommendation from the manager, and in fact, she said it was one of their more popular menu items. I can see why. It was creamy, it was cheesy, and it was full of quality seafood! Often times, my enchiladas are small and greasy, but these were supple and full of flavor. A little pricey, but after devouring my plate, I found myself totally ok with paying $14 for such an amazing entree.

JENN: Co-sign. Yas so graciously let me try her entree...and I was a little upset that I didn’t order it instead!



chicken chimichanga: ****

JENN: Yum, yum, yum!!! I’m just upset that on my short trip to Houston, I left my leftovers with my friend and guest foodie, Ebony. Like really upset. I was 20 minutes away when I realized it...and I almost went back. I’m used to chimichangas coming with some kind of sauce (like ooey gooey queso), and this one was just the chimichanga with a little garnish. But when I requested some chili con carne sauce on the side, our waiter was more than happy to oblige.



tamales: ****
Our guest foodie, Ebony, loved her tamales. A big fanatic of rice, she said that the fact that she didn’t even pay attention to her rice until she was halfway through her tamales said A LOT. If you knew our friend Ebony and this remark, you’d definitely get how big of a deal this is.



sangria swirl: ***
JENN: This was a refreshing libation. But having tasted so many sangria margaritas at many Mexican restaurants, it wasn’t much to write home about. It was refreshing, but I wasn’t blown away. Order it anyway. Sangria margaritas are always the bomb.com.

service: *****/ambiance: ******
The service was top notch. Our water glasses were never empty, and we were well attended to. The Cadillac Bar has a very vibrant ambiance, complete with colored walls and Mexican art pieces and decor.

No comments: