Thursday, June 16, 2011

Farrago– Meh.

Cajun Benedict
**
Location: Midtown
Menu
Price: $$$
Reviewed: Brunch
Reviewer: Yas & Jenn
Attire: Casual
When you walk into Farrago during Brunch hours, it definitely looks like the place to be. Cool modern ambiance with an amazing DJ spinning tunes. However, horrible service makes this experience less than enjoyable despite the tasty food.

cajun benedict: ****
Yas: This was a pretty good entree. I love eggs benedict, and when I saw the option for smoked slamon as a substitute for the traditional canadian bacon I was super pumped. The homemade biscuits (instead of the regular english muffin) were AWESOME. The home fries were well seasoned as well as the crawfish and crawfish cream sauce. My only complaint was that there were barely any crawfish in the dish, and I felt a little cheated.



crab cakes: ***
JENN: My mother and I have a saying, “Either I was really hungry, or that was amazing.” I’m thinking that me liking the crab cakes was because I was starving and we waited SO LONG for our food! The eggs were supposed to come poached, but I asked for them over hard (my personal preference). They were great. The home fries were GREAT. But they gave me like...3. And then they gave us one ketchup ramekin to share! I’m sorry...I just got angry reminiscing about that meal...



smoked salmon omelette:  **
Guest Foodie Xavira:  The omelette wasn't terrible, it was just plain BORING.  It felt like something was missing and it lacked creativity.  I always expect things to be a little more creative at restaurants, but at Farrago, I felt like I was the one trying to be creative!  I tried mixing in my home fries (which they totally skimped on!) with the omelette to give it some flavor.  There was a lot of salmon in the omelette, however, which was nice, but overall my meal was just not worth the wait!


service: */ambiance: ****
If you noticed, all of our pictures from Farrago show one huge bite taken from the food.  This is because by the time we got our food, we were SO HUNGRY that we all totally forgot we had to take pictures and just dove right in! Farrago had the worst service we had experienced in quite some time. If your food is great but your service is piss poor, then it is very unlikely we will recommend your establishment to our friends and family, and even more unlikely that we will come back. Our waiter was beyond rude and was making no efforts to hide the fact that he was hot (we had to sit outside because it was so crowded) and did not want to be at work. He scoffed at our simple requests, interrupted us several times when we asked about the status of our food (which took FOR-EV-VER to come out) and was just a jerk in general. It got so bad, we had to ask for another waiter. We did not even have silverware to use when our meal came out! This is not just a one time thing either. Just the other day, a co-worker of Yas’s was talking about his recent experience and complained of the same thing. Apparently, Farrago is under new management. Whatever it is, they need to get it together STAT!

As far as the ambiance goes, it was a nice atmosphere with awesome music provided by the DJ! However, if they are going to provide outside seating in the Houston heat, we are going to need them to get some fans!

No comments: