Friday, October 14, 2011

manny's uptown tex mex - Yes Please!



Rating: ****
Location: Uptown
Price: $$
Reviewed: Dinner
Attire: Casual, but feel free to get a little jazzy
Reviewer: Jenn 

Manny's Uptown Tex Mex is a cute little spot off Lemmon Avenue with great standard enchiladas and delicious drinks.  No muss, no fuss Tex-Mex at a great price!

enchiladas****
Whenever I go to a new Mexican food restaurant, I always get my favorite: sour cream chicken enchiladas with double rice (no beans).  Manny's delivered well.  The chicken was moist, and the sour cream sauce was dead on.  My friend got the brisket enchiladas which were also great (and smothered in sour cream sauce).  I love it when restaurants execute enchiladas with ease and balanced flavors.


sangria margarita****
As I said in my Taco Diner post (last Friday), I love sangria margaritas! They're my favorite thing. This one was great.  I mean, if a restaurant messed up something so deliciously simple, I'd be gravely disappointed.



ambience****
The restaurant is small, so it has that mom and pop feel, without being trendy like some of the newer Mexican restaurants these days.  The day we went, there was a live mariachi band playing and Corona girls handing out free beer! The service was also impeccable.


Manny's is definitely somewhere I need to re-visit!

No comments: